Tuesday 1 May 2018

FPBP

Well, I've wanted to ride my bike across Canada for about a year and a half now, and in a week I will be starting off at last.
I plan to use this blog as my main outlet for progess updates and to let people know about all the cool shit I find.

Currently working through all the prep that needs to happen and spending too much money getting all the gear locked in.
Also trying to get as many pre-trip miles in as possible now that I'm not working but the weather has only just started to cooperate in the last week or so.

Rough timeline for those interested:
May 8th - Leave Whitehorse, bike ~120 km to Tutshi Lake
May 9th - Bike to Skagway and catch ferry at 8 PM (Alaska time)
May 11th - Arrive in Prince Rupert
May 15th - Take BC ferry to Port Hardy
May 16th - Arrive in Port Hardy, start cycling down Vancouver Island
Late May/Early June - Take ferry to Vancouver, start cycling east
Late June - Calgary
Mid/Late July - Manitoba
Mid August - L O N D O N
September - Gaspe/Maritimes?
Late September/Early October - Fly home

A lot of that is just my best estimate. I am still not sure of how far I can bike day after day and what kind of detours might pop up.

Government wages = new gear all around

2 comments:

  1. Cool Den. I am so excited for you. Good luck with everything. You've got my phone numbers. I'll be reading your blog, I am sure there will be many funny and interesting entries. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look heavy, good luck Kiddo! xo

    ReplyDelete

Kootenay Lakes day 5: ending rough

Accidentally writing this a week late... Anyways, felt pretty alright waking up in Slocan after a long day. Legs were definitely feeling the...