Friday 22 June 2018

Experience Regina

Regina. The Queen City. Pile of Bones. The city that rhymes with fun.
It goes by many names.
I have only ever passed the outskirts of Regina before this trip, so I was not very familiar with the city. I ended up being pleasantly surprised. I arrived in Regina Monday night via cousin rescue from Moose Jaw and settled in to stay three nights with Paige and Joel until Paige had to go back to work on Thursday morning.
As mentioned previously on the blog, I had done some pre-rest day research and discovered that Paige lived walking distance from three breweries. I would soon discover that she also lived right by an excellent donut shop and a bike shop.
I spent the two days in Regina hunting down fuel for my camp stove, rotating my tires and dropping off my bike for some hub maintenance on the rear wheel. Amazingly, the mechanic at Ducth Cycle offered to comp me the service and parts when he learned that I was going across Canada. I couldn't accept such a generous offer and forced him to take some beer money from me. I would later learn that the Cross Canada Grandpas had been in Dutch Cycle the day before, just missed them!
Anyways, Paige did her best to fatten me up, and I helped as best I could by making repeat visits to Country Corner Donuts and Rebellion Brewing. By the way, I highly recommend all Regina businesses listed in this post.
Many showers and hours of sleep later, the rest days came to an end and it was time to break away from the Trans Can and head southeast towards Manitoba. Didn't hike any mountains on this rest period but maybe its for the best, considering how hard I pushed myself from Calgary to Moose Jaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kootenay Lakes day 5: ending rough

Accidentally writing this a week late... Anyways, felt pretty alright waking up in Slocan after a long day. Legs were definitely feeling the...