Tuesday 8 May 2018

Out my front door

Today's been a bit of a mixed bag so far.
I kept thinking of last minutes things to do or triple check on, so I ended up leaving the house an hour later than expected. I started rolling down the road around 10 am only to turn around at the bottom of the hill when I realized I had forgotten my glasses on the table.
Once I actually got rolling, the wind picked up a bit more than expected.
Forecasted wind: 10 - 20 km/hr
Actual wind: 20 - 45 km/hr
Then I threw my chain and wedged it between two gears, where I had to take a bolt out of the gearset to free the chain.
Things turned around when I reached Carcross, as I met a pretty cool tour bus operator who was very enthusiastic to hear about my tour and my family history in the area.
He even bought my coffee and cookie and encouraged me to follow my dreams.
I also got some pastry on the house from Caribou Crossing Coffee.
Major shoutouts to you guys! It really turned my day around.
I'll probably go another 1 - 2 hours depending on how my legs feel before stopping for the night.
Probably won't do another post for a few days as I will be in Alaska until the 11th.

A well rounded diet. Possible Snickers sponsorship?

1 comment:

  1. Alright...one day under your belt and adventures already. Read my message I sent when you get back on Candian cell service please. Hope the wind is at your back. Xo

    ReplyDelete

Kootenay Lakes day 5: ending rough

Accidentally writing this a week late... Anyways, felt pretty alright waking up in Slocan after a long day. Legs were definitely feeling the...