Wednesday 9 May 2018

Its not all bad I guess

Skagway, Alaska
May 9th

I was definitely a bit too much of a hero yesterday. Pushed myself 120 km to Tutshi Lake so I could camp at the boat landing. Took me about 7 hours on the bike so not a terrific pace.
The camping at the boat launch was really nice! Lots of mosquitoes but I got a fire going and they left me alone.
Woke up to a prettt chilly morning and hit the road around 9 am. Wind varied from none to a tailwind so I fricking flew all the way to the summit.
Took a hot minute to tighten my brakes and noticed that my front shifter cable was almost frayed through.
Filmed a white knuckle descent of the White Pass, reaching 65 km/hr, and I could probably have hit 70+ if not for excessive use of my brakes.
Rolling into Skagway was beautiful. Its about 20 degrees and all the leaves are coming out. Two cruise ships in town so its pretty bumpin. Dropped my bike off at the shop to get the cable replaced and went for lunch (and beer).
No pics because I think that might overload the potential of the Skagway Library wifi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kootenay Lakes day 5: ending rough

Accidentally writing this a week late... Anyways, felt pretty alright waking up in Slocan after a long day. Legs were definitely feeling the...